In the 1680s the slave trade in the Americas is still in its infancy. Jacob Vaark is an Anglo-Dutch trader and adventurer, with a small holding in the harsh North. Despite his distaste for dealing in "flesh", he takes a small slave girl in part payment for a bad debt from a plantation owner in Catholic Maryland. This is Florens, who can read and write and might be useful on his farm. Rejected by her mother, Florens looks for love, first from Lina, an older servant woman at her new master's house, and later from the handsome blacksmith, an African, never enslaved, who comes riding into their lives.
Autres contributions de...
- Un donToni Morrisonle Grand livre du mois
- BelovedToni MorrisonUge 10-18
- BelovedToni Morrison10-18
- LA SOURCE DE L'AMOUR-PROPRE, Essais choisis, discours et méditationsToni MorrisonChristian Bourgois23,00
- Entre Vos MainsToni MorrisonÉditions de l'aube12,90
- L'origine des autresToni MorrisonChristian Bourgois13,00